Over year change 2022/2023 on signal was execute 4 times
Topic Starter
Wed Jan 4, 2023 - 19:51
Hi, during the year changes 2022/2023 I send one signal from WL8, but I don't now why, WealthSignals created the same signal four times again with the ETSY symbol (see the attachment). It is possible to make correction here? Otherwise I would close it manually in the next days when it runs in the positive area.

Regards Chris
135.76kB
5 RESPONSES
Wed Jan 4, 2023 - 23:06
How do you enter your orders? With Wealth-Lab 6? 8? or through the website? Wealth-Lab can duplicate the orders if you run it more than once.
Topic Starter
Thu Jan 5, 2023 - 15:14
Hi Cone, only with WealthLab 8 Build 26 and the WL Publisher. So interesting is, that for this strategy the ETSY limit and Stop Loss order is only created once and not by fourth.
Thu Jan 5, 2023 - 19:44
I haven't worked it out exactly, but it appears that you staged the same ETSY order once each of these days - 12/31, 1/1, 1/2, and 1/3. If you're using WL8's WS Publisher only, I can't say how that could have occurred since the 15-minute grace period would have long expired after the first set of signals were placed.

That said, we scrambled a bit to insert the unexpected (for us) Monday holiday. It only happens about once a decade, but if New Year's day falls on a Sunday (not Satursday) then Monday is a holiday. The process involved changing signal "On Dates" that were already submitted from Monday (1/2) to Tuesday (1/3). It's possible that something in this manipulation was the cause that activated all of your orders - I'm just not sure what exactly would have done that.

At this stage, it's certainly best if you manage the positions since you have subscriber(s).
Topic Starter
Fri Jan 6, 2023 - 10:34
Thanks for the explanation Cone, I will manage these items manually to be on the safe side.
Greetings Christian
Fri Jan 6, 2023 - 12:33
fwiw, I think I see how this probably happened - it's what we suspected with the manipulations made for the "OnDate".

If you run the signal publishing after the grace period has ended, the signals are actually recorded, but their status is "Staged". Normally, this isn't a problem because the signals were already published so the newly-Staged signals are ignored. When manipulating the signal dates, the publishing state was reset for systems that had Staged signals. That resulted in publishing those signals.

Our apologies for the error!
To reply to this topic, you need to login first.