Low amount of Symbols?
Topic Starter
Wed Mar 4, 2020 - 14:20
I wanted to add my trading strategy to Wealth Signals to build a separate track record, but it's impossible with the minuscule amounts of signals that are supported.

If I can't even put a BUY signal in for a company like "AG" who has a Market Cap of 1.681 Billion traded on the NYSE.

I can't possibly put my trading signals here. Our software analyzes 5,000 medium-to-large market cap stocks that all have a very high trading volume.

But being just limited to what, a 100 stocks? For a serious system with a proper database that's not possible to work with.

I could understand if you might not have the Toronto stock exchange or other major foreign exchanges on here. But just a few tickers available is far too little.
6 RESPONSES
Wed Mar 4, 2020 - 14:38
WealthSignals supports 800 liquid stock and ETF symbols at the moment but we're open to adding more. What are your suggested candidates for inclusion?
BWO
Thu Mar 5, 2020 - 02:35
Hi, Eugene, cme, cbot, nymex, comex, and cboe symbols all of them added would expand my offerings, and if you added real time functionality would enhance what I can do for subscribers in many futures markets, they just wouldn't have a backtest.
Fri Mar 6, 2020 - 02:59
I have the same issue. I am surprised that although the US stock market has about 5000 listings, WSTS only provides a small set. I have sent an email to the support with the symbols I need.

Thanks
Fri Mar 6, 2020 - 05:11
The fact that a limited subset is available shouldn't come as surprise. WS is powered by Wealth-Data which is carefully processed to get rid of unrealistic price spikes and more. Hope one day we expand the technology to cover more symbols.
Fri Mar 6, 2020 - 16:45
Hello Eugene, what does an "unrealistic price spike" mean?
I see these "unrealistic price spikes" every day in the market and according to my knowledge, they are independent whether a company is listed on the SPX/NDX or not.
Fri Mar 6, 2020 - 17:02
Please refer to https://www.wealth-data.com/faq. The key was here:

QUOTE:
Hope one day we expand the technology to cover more symbols.
To reply to this topic, you need to login first.