Is there a way to email system developers?
Topic Starter
Fri May 20, 2022 - 11:45
Is there an easy way to implement the following?

o Be able to email system developers using an in house message system?
o Email people when people post in their system's forum?

Looking at several systems, there are unanswered posts in the forums and a lack of communication. One older post I read the system developer said "sorry I didn't even realize I had a subscriber". wtf? There isn't any notification?
5 RESPONSES
VK1
Sat May 21, 2022 - 14:52
We are working on this issue. There should be a major update on the backend coming soon. Sorry for the trouble.
Topic Starter
Sun May 22, 2022 - 22:23
Thanks for responding. I guess the issue is do you want to be a collecitve2 competitor or just this place where anyone can at no cost test their systems publically? Which is cool but not a great business model. I do find it absolutely looney tunes that system developers don't seem to be monitoring their own forums. Anyway, here would be my basic wishlist:

o Internal messaging system so I can email developers directly
o notifications sent when someone subscribes to my system OR posts in my forum(s)
o running list of what people are subscribing too
o being able to favorite or monitor a system and a running list of who is doing that

To me the lack of communication is the big issue.
Wed May 25, 2022 - 08:12
I believe that developers should not be emailed directly. Notifications to developers in case a response is left on this forum is of course a good idea.
Topic Starter
Wed May 25, 2022 - 12:20
If the forum is serving its purpose then I agree no need to email the developer directly. I'm amazed at the forums not being watched by the developers though...you want me to spend $100/month and yet not answer any questions?
Thu May 26, 2022 - 19:35
If it's not working already, system authors should definitely get a notification when there's a post in their forums. We'll make sure this is working.
To reply to this topic, you need to login first.