How well is strategy creator protected against legal liability
Topic Starter
Fri Jan 31, 2020 - 01:35
It seems that the disclaimers protect WealthSignals but I am not sure about how well it protects the creator of a strategy. Please give me some info on this and point to the actual paragraphs that protect the writer of the strategy.
Thanks,
Rich
5 RESPONSES
Sat Feb 1, 2020 - 09:33
What do you mean by protecting the author? Against what? How can (and why should they) our disclaimers protect the author if he committed wrongful actions?
Thu Apr 2, 2020 - 04:36
Eugene - I find your comment condescending like Authors are second hand citizens within your business. I just joined tonight. I made a fortune in this market with 300+% gains in the last 90 days. Not too sure why I should publish my talent here if WealthSignals isn't going to protect it's authors. Hell, even your competitors protect their "business" by protecting not only them but also the reason why customers may come to their site- the Authors!

What is strange is that every disclaimer or user/use agreement I've ever read typically protects all business interests. Aren't strategy authors important to this site and your business? Your comment suggests WealthSignals really doesn't want or need authors.... More lead to more alarming assumptions like your business model is malicious and predatory.

very odd indeed...

Thu Apr 2, 2020 - 12:42
Eugene - I find your comment condescending like Authors are second hand citizens within your business. I just joined tonight. I made a fortune in this market with 300+% gains in the last 90 days. Not too sure why I should publish my talent here if WealthSignals isn't going to protect it's authors. Hell, even your competitors protect their "business" by protecting not only them but also the reason why customers may come to their site- the Authors!

What is strange is that every disclaimer or user/use agreement I've ever read typically protects all business interests. Aren't strategy authors important to this site and your business? Your comment suggests WealthSignals really doesn't want or need authors.... More lead to more alarming assumptions like your business model is malicious and predatory.

very odd indeed...

Derek, this wasn't a comment but a question to the original poster whose post lacks clarity on what specifically should the author be protected from. Is it the SEC? Or the market plunge? Maybe from theft of his intellectual property? It's way too general for me to answer.

I find conclusions like "business model is malicious and predatory" premature, inappropriate and insulting.
Mon Apr 6, 2020 - 03:36
If authors are asking the question then put your author hat on here. No author is expecting you protect them from their abuse of IP - how could you? However, yes if the market tanks or exchanges have issues and subscribers loose money, then yes the WealthSignals should protect authors from loss or harm claims by including language in the Subscriber agreement. I'm sorry

Mon Apr 6, 2020 - 06:22
Is there anything wrong with the current wording?
https://www.wealthsignals.com/legal-disclosure

QUOTE:
WealthSignals makes no guarantee that Authors of WealthSignals Trading Systems for subscription will or will not act to service or protect the interests of their Subscribers; therefore, any action or inaction a Subscriber takes in relation to a WealthSignals Trading System information is done so at the Subscriber's own risk. This is true even in cases where an Author or Subscriber intended to act, or intended not to act, but failed to do so because of a mechanical, human or other type of error or obstruction.
To reply to this topic, you need to login first.