Help avoiding "Red Flagging"?
Topic Starter
Fri Dec 17, 2021 - 15:29
I have been distracted by the Holidays and my JANUS systems got "red flagged". :(

Would it be possible to alert Authors when they have a single missed update? I know if I had been notified I probably would have reminded myself to pay closer attention to providing the daily updates.

Just a suggestion...
13 RESPONSES
Fri Dec 17, 2021 - 15:53
If you haven't posted signals by 1pm ET, you should receive a reminder to post signals for the day. Are you getting that?
Topic Starter
Fri Dec 17, 2021 - 16:10
No, I am not getting any notifications. :( I did check my Spam folder, just in case...
Sat Dec 18, 2021 - 12:53
Okay, we'll check to make sure that's working and fix if required.
Topic Starter
Mon Dec 20, 2021 - 12:01
Thanks Cone!
Tue Dec 21, 2021 - 18:20
We're not sure what's wrong, but something broke after having worked very well for over a year. We should have it fix by next week, I think.
Topic Starter
Wed Dec 22, 2021 - 15:40
Good to hear! Thanks Cone!!
Mon Apr 4, 2022 - 14:14
Hello WealthSignals Support,
The 1pm EST reminder emails would be a very nice feature indeed.
Do you have a status update on when this feature will be available?
Furthermore, for strategies that are weekly based, NST will always be the signal Tuesday thru Friday and will only change for Monday's signal. Would it be possible to make the signal requirement dependent on the strategy's scale? I.e., daily strategies require daily updates whereas weekly strategies require weekly updates?
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Wed Apr 6, 2022 - 12:27
So far, we haven't been able to put our finger on the problem with the email reminder.

Although WealthSignals doesn't have an idea of a strategy's scale, we could considering reworking the way GTC signals are applied.
Thinking out loud... if Signals are Staged, via GTC or other, they will automatically be Published at 09:25 (if not published sooner).

I don't think we can help with a "GTC NST" signal, however, if the auto-publish were implemented, you could enter one GTC limit order for the week that's unlikely to be filled.
Wed Apr 6, 2022 - 15:06
Thanks for your reply, Cone.
Just so that I understand this workaround idea clearly, with your proposed GTC enhancement, if we assume we are long TQQQ on a weekly-scale strategy, are you suggesting to place a "GTC Sell at Limit" order for an amount that is, for argument's sake, 300% higher than price, and therefore will not be triggered, and then simply leave that order in place until our strategy gives an intended sell order, in which case we would then cancel the "artificial" GTC limit order and replace with the actual strategy order?
That sounds like it would, indeed, avoid red-flagging for the less-active strategies, albeit possibly leave subscribers a bit bewildered as to what was going on.
On a longer-term horizon, do you foresee a time ahead when the development effort on WL8 will slow enough to allow more time for WealthSignals enhancements?
Thu Apr 7, 2022 - 09:37
<< possibly leave subscribers a bit bewildered >>
It could be any new single limit order, but this is a good point. I was just thinking out loud above.. we can probably think of a better way to mark a weekly NST.

Our webmaster (Marcel) is working behind the scenes about 75% on WealthSignals now. We will see progress soon. The first thing we're doing is updating technologies and back end programming to generate a new baseline to begin making improvements. We're working that on a test site right now.
VK1
Sat Apr 16, 2022 - 11:21
The reason why we have this strict NST rule is that possible subscribers should not left in the dark without any orders in case something happens to you.

Best scenario:
Imagine you are on vacation and there is no internet?
Girl/boy friend took your notebook
Virus on your notebook

Worse scenarios:
Sudden sickness
Accident

The first concern of allocators of CTAs or Hedge Funds is exactly the above. What do you do in those (and many other) bad cases. You can lose money in the market, but you don't want anyone saying: "Sorry I couldn't place trades because my Wife/husband denied me access to the apartment". Who is there to replace you?

We don't have the means to verify all that but we can ask for a "sign of live". I agree each system would require different time frames, may be we can loosen up the rule a little but I still like to keep an eye on the risk that subscribers have.

I am open for suggestions that consider the above mentioned scenarios.

VK

Sat Apr 16, 2022 - 22:15
For daily strategies where signals change often, the current NST rules work well.
But for weekly strategies where signals don't change for weeks or even months, the current NST rules are overkill.
A good compromise is to require a daily "sign of life" for daily strategies and a weekly "sign of life" for weekly strategies.
Topic Starter
Mon May 16, 2022 - 21:19
"A good compromise is to require a daily "sign of life" for daily strategies and a weekly "sign of life" for weekly strategies."

I think this is a great idea (maybe because I only have weekly strategies! ;) )
To reply to this topic, you need to login first.