Errors placing orders from WS Trader in WLP
Topic Starter
Tue May 5, 2020 - 13:30
I used the WealthSignals Trader tool in WLP this morning. When I selected all the positions recommended to open by the Trend Surfing system , I got lots of errors. Hopefully you can see them in the attachment.

Not sure what to do now.

Any advice would be appreciated.
33.52kB
11 RESPONSES
Wed May 6, 2020 - 05:12
Could you show error messages as text? The most meaningful part of them seems to be cut off.
Topic Starter
Wed May 6, 2020 - 08:37
I seem to recall some security sensitivity as to the format of attachments, so I pasted the order msgs for IWM below with some manuals formatting to make them readable. If you can access a notepad .txt file attachment, I included the full set there.

I was using Wealth Signals Trader and these msgs came after I selected all the downloaded orders, then clicked PLACE ORDERS. After getting all these, I went back to Active Trader Pro & Cancelled all pending orders. I then tried PLACE-ing each order individually. Still got the errors ...

Although uncomfortable not understanding what this set of orders is meant to accomplish, I eventually submitted the "BUY" orders. This morning I verified my positions match the open positions for the strategy (although a couple are off by 1 share which seems like a rounding issue ... I'll investigate later today.)

Any help would be appreciated.

IWM Buy Stop 61 128.46 0: Order Active - Order Number: E05NGWRF

IWM Cover Market 71 0: Error(s): (000912) The security specified in your order was not found in the account selected. This
could be caused by selecting the wrong account where the security is held short. Buy To Cover
orders are only for covering short positions. Please review your account positions. Also, please verify
there are no previous orders for this security that would prevent Fidelity from accepting a new order.

IWM Short Stop 61 124.3 0: Error(s): (000912) The security specified in your order was not found in the account selected. This could be caused by selecting the
wrong account where the security is held short. Buy To Cover orders are only for covering short positions. Please review your account
positions. Also, please verify there are no previous orders for this security that would prevent Fidelity from accepting a new order.
4.40kB
This post has been deleted by one of our technicians on May 8, 2020 - 7 months ago
Thu May 7, 2020 - 15:59
Hi xrmax,
I'm looking into it and will let you know. Thanks! and sorry for the inconvenience.
Thu May 7, 2020 - 16:05
The "Short Stop" with the error message indicating "Buy To Cover orders are only .." must be an error (somewhere) without a doubt.

However, the Cover order(s) not finding the offsetting position could be because you didn't "Set Account" so that the Strategy orders are transmitted to the intended trading account. Is that possible? (Or, of course, the intended account actually didn't have the positions.)
Topic Starter
Thu May 7, 2020 - 20:23
As the text file indicates, some of the trades did go thru. Since there is only one "set account for the whole set", the wrong account seems unlikely. However, I may have done something else. I do recall sorting the list by symbol.

How about tomorrow (assuming a similar trading list is in the signal), I will submit the orders one by one in the WS Tool, waiting for the status of each before proceeding. Is the order in the signal download, the order I should use? If not, how should I sequence the order submissions?
This post has been deleted by one of our technicians on May 8, 2020 - 7 months ago
Fri May 8, 2020 - 16:03
I wasn't able to duplicate any of the order errors - especially the ShortAtStop one that indicated a "Buy To Cover" message. I even did a symbol sort and all orders were placed as expected. See attached image. The Error for the TTD order was (005603): The limit price is too far away from the last trade price..

I think we'll need more help understanding how this occurred so that we can duplicate and fix, if required.
Topic Starter
Fri May 8, 2020 - 20:51

Would it help if I captured the screen at each stage of the process? After download, after staging (per your other suggestion on logins), and then after each Place? I've must make the Trader Tool work or cancel the subscription to this Strategy. It's not just the manual effort to type in 8, 10 or 12 orders, but the risk of mistakes it too high.

Assuming I need to send you the .png files, should I attach them all to a single post or use some other method?
Sat May 9, 2020 - 10:20
I'm pretty confident that staging first and placing from the Orders tool will work (although placing from the WSTrader works for me too). Notice that if you click on the Strategy Name above the orders, you'll select all of the orders for that Strategy and can Stage them all at once. Once in the Orders tool, you can highlight all the orders (use Shift+Left click) and "Place Selected".

Please try to recreate the bug and attached images (or video) to a support ticket at wealth-lab.com, which is probably more appropriate for this issue.
BWO
Fri Jun 12, 2020 - 20:07
Cone, xramx, the reason is due to non-marginable securities that are already leveraged going beyond what is allowed in the system's strategy detail.
To reply to this topic, you need to login first.