ETF Gold - More Fails
Topic Starter
Fri Jul 12, 2019 - 17:22
Some time back, I read the initial forum entry on how these trade fails happen & the corrective actions to be taken. I thought everything was good. But there was another one a few weeks later, then again last night before last (July 11). I really don't want to continue with this strategy if my results are going to diverse from its published results. Are any corrective measures underway?
9 RESPONSES
BWO
Sun Jul 14, 2019 - 09:10
It appears there's been some missed signals for you xramx, but when you place your trades the execution must be allowable according to your amount allocated on each trade. So if you're missing signals it's because you aren't checking the amount that would be sold with the amount being invested, and this leads to rogue trades.

But because there's no way to know if it was a rogue trade my highest suspicion is that there were signals either over or under allocated that lead to a rogue trade.
Sun Jul 14, 2019 - 09:48
@xramx

The latest issue reported in this system's forum was more than two months ago. The system seems to be accurately maintained by its author for both NST and trade signals. Could you be more detailed when talking about "fails"?
Topic Starter
Mon Jul 15, 2019 - 20:26
On July 10th, the NUGT Buy is listed as Failed.
50.48kB
BWO
Tue Jul 16, 2019 - 08:02
Yeah if that was his full account he had a sell $36k with a buy $41k and that's a mismatch if he's going from 85-90% to 95-100%.
BWO
Tue Jul 16, 2019 - 08:08
X, that's called a rogue trade triggered by a lack of sufficient funds..
Topic Starter
Tue Jul 16, 2019 - 12:17
I didn't have a failed trade, the ETF Gold strategy did. My 7/15 response above was to Eugene who posted he had not seen the Failed Trade.
Wed Jul 17, 2019 - 09:20
I was waiting for the author to reply, but several weeks ago we messaged Richard to reduce trading sizes, OR, wait to place signals after obtaining an estimate of the opening price in premarket trading, OR, notify us to implement 2:1 margin in the strategy settings. I'm not sure if he saw or read the message, but if trades are still failing, then he didn't follow any of these steps.
Wed Jul 17, 2019 - 09:55
Found another email. Let's contact the author once again.
Thu Jul 18, 2019 - 08:17
Contact. Rich requested that we change the WealthSignals margin to 2:1 in order not to miss any trades.

For subscribers, this means that due to potentially large price gaps, you may need as much as 35% more allocation than you specified (based on historic trading of instruments like NUGT, etc.)
To reply to this topic, you need to login first.