Download and execute signals by SuperBands in WLP's Quote Manager
Solved
BWO
Topic Starter
Fri Apr 12, 2019 - 10:09
Hi, in case I wasn't clear about my requirements I am sending my earliest but most recent system SuperBands for deployment and found that it would be nigh impossible to trade without an uploader from the WealthSignals Site with the ability to accept WealthSignals from WLP users or WLD users that would let them take the WealthSignals and properly position size it the way c2 does for users of that site's systems and allow automatic placement with a gapdown limitmove filter functionality similar to QS's.
18 RESPONSES
Fri Apr 12, 2019 - 10:34
"Backtester Uploader for WLP Quote Manager from QS through WS.com"

Everything had got all mixed up. I know you're talking about a limit order variation from Quantacula (LimitMove) which does not exist in Wealth-Lab. Besides that,

1. What does "Backtest Uploader" has to do with WLP Quote Manager?
2. What does "WLP Quote Manager" has in common with Quantacula Studio?

Could you help understand your request?

EDIT: I've renamed the topic to "Download and execute signals by SuperBands in WLP's Quote Manager"
Fri Apr 12, 2019 - 10:42
I think the idea is to give WLP/D users the ability to enjoy LimitMove order which is similar to Limit but it executes only if the price opens outside the Limit price and moves through it during the bar. So the Quote Manager in WLP/D won't let a buy order if the price has gapped below the limit price at open.

I see, that's actually a WLP/D feature request. Am I correct or are you asking for something different?
Fri Apr 12, 2019 - 11:06
QUOTE:
limit order variation from Quantacula (LimitMove) which does not exist in Wealth-Lab
This does not exist natively in Wealth-Lab as an order type, but you can program this condition for backtest (see below). For trading, it's the Quote tool's "Gap Filter". You'd set it to 0.01 (the smallest non-zero number accepted) so that the Quotes wouldn't trigger the order if unless the open was 0.01% higher than the limit trigger price.

QUOTE:
you're asking for something different?
For WealthSignals to support this order type, it needs the "LimitMove" order, which does not exist. Therefore, WealthSignals will trigger all orders at the limit price or better, which is not what BWO wants for the Superbands system.

Here's the [BuyAt] LimitMove order for Wealth-Lab
CODE:
Please log in to see this code.
BWO
Topic Starter
Wed May 22, 2019 - 16:41
Hi, Cone, where do I put this snippet of code that you've written above in my script and how do I use it in SuperBands, or is that for future droids?
BWO
Topic Starter
Wed May 22, 2019 - 16:48
Anyway, it's my understanding from the previous topic that it is possible to use the WealthSignals of SuperBands, now? That is, the way they were meant to be downloaded and shown in the Quote Manager of WLP? I'd been parallel processing the two systems of this I run and had started to use WLP with the WSs.
Thu May 23, 2019 - 06:36
Beau, the idea is to add the BuyAtLimitMove routine to SuperBands and replace the call to Wealth-Lab's BuyAtLimit in the code with BuyAtLimitMove like this:
CODE:
Please log in to see this code.
BWO
Topic Starter
Thu May 23, 2019 - 06:42
I know that's the idea, but is it implemented or implementable yet?
Sun May 26, 2019 - 07:06
It's not implemented and is only one feature request that only has 1 up vote (mine)!
BWO
Topic Starter
Sun May 26, 2019 - 20:52
Ask Glitch to vote for it or vk, it might help both of them to re-tool old algo's.
Mon May 27, 2019 - 22:16
It's got my vote!
BWO
Topic Starter
Tue May 28, 2019 - 05:50
I added my vote. oops, I forgot, I guess you'll have to do it now, Marcel or Eugene..lol ;)
BWO
Topic Starter
Fri May 31, 2019 - 08:33
Oh..
Fri May 31, 2019 - 08:46
Not yet Beau. WSP 2019.06 adds new features (WSP for Strategy Monitor; real time update of fill quantity/price on signal execution) and fixes a minor bug with duplicate signal check.
BWO
Topic Starter
Mon Jun 3, 2019 - 18:51
So the Strategy Monitor doesn't have connectivity to the Quote Manager? When did that change occur? You said it was when we switched to ws2? Well, It can probably until I'm up 20% on the strategy in the subject but I thought if we could connect to the Strategy Monitor that meant you could load them into the Quote Manager. Is that Not Correct?
BWO
Topic Starter
Tue Jun 4, 2019 - 11:22
NM, I see the Strategy Monitor would actually place those trades so I guess I'm waiting for the App and for some Autotraders to be able to use this algorithm..I really can't tell much difference between this and the BuyAtLimitMove..
Thu Jul 11, 2019 - 06:31
FYI, Wealth-Lab Pro v6.9.20 is out with the fix for WealthSignals Trader which now works with WealthSignals 2.0!

For systems like SuperBands, Fidelity users can now download signals to their Wealth-Lab Pro software again and send them to the Quotes and/or Orders tool for monitoring or order placement.
BWO
Topic Starter
Thu Jul 11, 2019 - 06:44
Yay! Thanks, Eugene! I'll consider us now back to where we were..

So, since I've linked here, SuperBands is designed for a lot of monitoring in the Quotes tool, so you get to see the best version of this strategy, the limit move hasn't helped and we've missed a lot of profits so the profitability here is clear by the fact it's number two top performer by APR today.
BWO
Topic Starter
Tue Aug 6, 2019 - 21:30
Well, just an update for explanation, the backtest I had submitted for SuperBands assumed the BuyAtLimitMove worked and while I had backtested without that order type it is required to trade SuperBands the way it was meant to be. So please guys find some way to make BuyAtLimitMove an executable order type for systems that are intended to ignore triggered orders on the open and to just "dip buy."
To reply to this topic, you need to login first.