Different results from my backtest on WealthLab and WealthSignals.
Solved
WL1
Topic Starter
Fri Jun 24, 2022 - 15:42
Hi,

I have uploaded a backtest to test WealthSignals and I do not get the same results using the WealthData DataSet for NASDAQ100.

The data used in the Wealth Signals backtest, which dataset is it?
Adjusted not adjusted? Do you collect dividends?
What treatment do you give to the delited stocks?

I have seen the list of symbols, Could you tell me which WD datasets they belong to? Are they updated? I think there are few symbols...

I have read in the forum that it takes a few days for the table with the historical results to appear, how long does it take?
I have also tried to overwrite the previously sent backtest as Wealth Lab says but I have not overwritten anything.

Thanks.
6 RESPONSES
Tue Jul 12, 2022 - 18:21
I'd also be interested in this answer. Have uploaded a couple of strategies and get completely different results in Wealth Lab vs Wealth Signals.
Wed Jul 13, 2022 - 04:41
@tward007uk You cannot get completely different backtest results in WL vs WS. They are identical. What can be different is the live performance of the strategy in WS vs WL as there are several factors affecting it. Possible reasons are explained in great detail here - with solutions:
WealthSignals Publisher > "Out of sync positions"
Wed Jul 13, 2022 - 07:24
Thanks I see what I did. I selected the current NASDAQ 100 watch list on WS vs the historical NASDAQ 100 watch list on WL. Just demonstrates the effect of survivorship on my strategy!
Wed Jul 13, 2022 - 15:14
Oh yes, that effect is PROFOUND!
WL1
Topic Starter
Thu Jul 14, 2022 - 08:09
Thanks for replying to tward007uk... but the original question was mine. I asked several specific questions.
Could you answer them? Thanks.
Tue Jul 26, 2022 - 19:32
Adjusted not adjusted?
- WealthSignals uses Wealth-Data, which is adjusted only for Special Dividends and Corp. Actions.

Do you collect dividends?
- WealthSignals does not.

What treatment do you give to the delited stocks?
- WealthSignals will exit a position at the last price when a stock is actually delisted. However, when using Wealth-Data DataSets in Wealth-Lab, Wealth-Lab will exit a stock that simply leaves its index (Nasdaq 100, S&P 100, S&P 500, Dow 30). Closing a position does not happen automatically in WealthSignals, so you need to be aware of index changes and send in those exit signals. Furthermore, it's usually the case that Wealth-Lab is unaware of an index change until the day of or even several days after. Even so, the WealthSignals Publisher will detect those orphaned positions, and you can close the position manually later when you see the "Orphaned" message.

I have seen the list of symbols, Could you tell me which WD datasets they belong to? Are they updated? I think there are few symbols...
- The symbols are the same as those supported by Wealth-Data - S&P 500, Nasdaq 100, highly liquid ETFs, and some miscellaneous stocks requested by strategy authors.

I have read in the forum that it takes a few days for the table with the historical results to appear, how long does it take?
- 1 day, when the post market processing runs.

I have also tried to overwrite the previously sent backtest as Wealth Lab says but I have not overwritten anything.
- That isn't possible. You can write support to "start over", or just delete the strategy and start again with a new one. You won't be able to use the same name, however.
To reply to this topic, you need to login first.