Allow Subscribers to change Allocation Amount
Topic Starter
Thu Feb 28, 2019 - 20:05

1. Support deposits (and withdrawals) for changing allocations
2. Create a subscriber "portfolio" that combines results from all subscribed strategies.
5 RESPONSES
Thu Feb 28, 2019 - 20:16
1. Thanks for the idea. Why do you think this might be beneficial?

2. One topic = one feature. If you wish to discuss #2 please start a new thread and give some arguments to support your idea.
Fri Mar 1, 2019 - 10:44
We're making changes (fixes) to better support synchronizing with the model portfolio at the start of a subscription. Although the changes we're making will easily allow an allocation change for a subscriber's portfolio, the part that isn't clear to me is how we'd present the research results for a portfolio with a changing allocation. Maybe there's a GAAP method out there somewhere that would help, or, we could simply showing the allocation changes in equity curve and account for them in the overall result. In short, we need to think about it a lot. You're welcomed to provide suggestions!
Sun Apr 14, 2019 - 03:57
I strongly support the feature request "1. Support deposits (and withdrawals) for changing allocations" as well as modifying other portfolio position aspects like date and price.

I suggest the subscriber have the opportunity to add/delete/modify their own portfolio positions and that the performance tab reflect these changes, separate from the author's positions and performance.

Here are some very common use cases:
1) Buying more or less shares then the author calls for based on the subscriber's original allocation.
2) The subscriber buy fill price is different then the authors.
3) Adding additional shares along the way to take advantage of the signal's performance.
4) Selling all or part of a holding before the author's sell signal.
5) The subscriber sell fill price is different then the authors.

The portfolio tab already differentiates the author's closed position history from the subscriber's, so I suggest a subscriber being allowed to add/delete/modify their own position history.

A significant effort may be on the performance tab (and the daily performance email) to show a subscriber's performance vs. the author's model performance.

Currently, if any of the use case conditions above occur (ever), the performance tab and daily email are wrong for that subscriber (forever) and therefore somewhat meaningless. Allowing subscriber modification of portfolio positions would allow the performance tab and performance emails to remain accurate and relevant.

In lieu of this feature, I would need to find a third party trading journal to track my actual performance with strategies I subscribe to since my broker does not provide a strategy tagging and reporting feature for individual trades (and request the WS feature to unsubscribe from daily performance emails).

Thanks,
--Sherwood
Fri May 3, 2019 - 11:24
Hi Sherwood,
First, thanks for the all the ideas. The problem is that they're lost in this feature request topic to "Allow Subscribers to change Allocation Amount". Since you support that too, please add your vote to the topic starter.

For the rest, I'd kindly ask you to create your own feature request to "Give Subscribers More Control Over Signals", for example. Copy your suggestions there and let's discuss them. Thanks.
BWO
Tue Nov 5, 2019 - 22:37
Mehul, just added my vote, after noticing you'd made this request..

Please consider an annual subscription since you are going to save some money $20 per month for a year and be better off..why not?

Anyway, I agree subscribers should be able to enter withdrawals and additions but the withdrawals and additions need to be accounted for correctly in the P&L metrics reported to the author..
To reply to this topic, you need to login first.