End Grace Period Manually?
Solved
Closed
Topic Starter
Mon Mar 11, 2019 - 13:13
I was confused when I submitted Signals but then saw that they were not showing up on my Strategies page. I then discovered they were in the Grace Period. I think it would be handy to have a way to end the Grace Period manually, if the publisher is sure of their signals. Maybe a button in the Grace Period display? I do see a CANCEL button next to the Grace Period countdown, what exactly does this do?
11 RESPONSES
Mon Mar 11, 2019 - 13:25
QUOTE:
I do see a CANCEL button next to the Grace Period countdown, what exactly does this do?

If clicked before 09:00 AM ET, Cancel should abort the grace period and let author edit the signals before re-staging them.
Mon Mar 11, 2019 - 13:30
QUOTE:
I think it would be handy to have a way to end the Grace Period manually, if the publisher is sure of their signals.

It lasts only 15 minutes. Do you believe an extra button is really needed? The more options and buttons the more the confusion.
Topic Starter
Mon Mar 11, 2019 - 14:08
I could very well be wrong, I will defer to your more expert judgment :) And I guess you are right, the one button is already confusing.
Tue Mar 12, 2019 - 02:39
QUOTE:
I do see a CANCEL button next to the Grace Period countdown, what exactly does this do?

It is cancelling the grace period and all signals remain staged (not published).

QUOTE:
I think it would be handy to have a way to end the Grace Period manually, if the publisher is sure of their signals.

I actually agree. I will add one to the website.
Tue Mar 12, 2019 - 04:21
Ok you can now skip the grace period by pressing the publish immediately button.
Tue Mar 12, 2019 - 07:48
I will implement this as "Auto-Place" in the WealthSignals Publisher v2019.04.
BWO
Tue Mar 12, 2019 - 08:02
Functionality in WLP? Or Do We Just Go To the Website For this feature?
Tue Mar 12, 2019 - 08:07
See my reply right above...

P.S. As usual it will be documented in the Wiki
BWO
Tue Mar 12, 2019 - 14:24
I must not have refreshed in time to see that. Thanks, Eugene!
Tue Mar 12, 2019 - 14:31
You're welcome, Beau. Here's how it will work. In the "Setup..." dropdown you'd choose "Auto-Place", click "Save", and reopen the Strategy. From this point on there'll be no more grace period for any given Strategy.
Sat Mar 30, 2019 - 12:56
Done! Please update the WealthSignals Publisher to v2019.04 and restart WLP to apply.

More details in its dedicated topic (blog for updates): WealthSignals Publisher: new features, fixes
TOPIC IS CLOSED: You can't reply as long as the topic is marked as closed.